HIGHLIGHTS OF BULGARIA
(6 days – 5 nights – 2018)
1st day Sofia (-/-/D)
Arrival in Sofia. Meet and greet on the International airport in Sofia. Transfer from the airport to the city center. Accommodation in the hotel after which follows city tour of Sofia.
During this tour you will be able to see some of the most interesting buildings and places in the capital of Bulgaria like The Cathedral “Aleksandar Nevski”- the biggest cathedral in Bulgaria and one of the largest Eastern Orthodox cathedrals in the world, built in Neo-Byzantine style. The tour continues to the square “Narodno Sabranie” where you will see the building of the Parlament and the Monument of the Tsar Liberator, erected in honour of the Russian Emperator Alexander II who liberated Bulgaria of Ottoman rule during the Russo-Turkish War 1877-1878. Next highlights of the tour are the Russian church and the National Art Gallery (The old Tzar’s Palace). After that you will walk through the Aleksander Batemberg square to the Archeological museum and the building of the President Institution and this of the Council of the Ministers. Next will be the Sveta Nedelya Church as well as the Mosque nearby and go back to the National Theatre Ivan Vazov.
The day ends with a dinner and overnight in the hotel.
2nd day Sofia – Plovdiv (about 150 km) (B/L/D)
Breakfast in the hotel and departing to the city of Plovdiv where you will have city tour through the Old city and visit the Roman amphitheater as well the Balabanova house and Hissar Kapia. The Ethnographic museum and the Constantin and Elena Church are also included as must-to-see. The Lamartine’s House and Tsanko Lavrenov house as well the Roman Stadium are also stops during the route. Plovdiv will be European Capital of Culture in 2019 and there are a lot of events which you will be able to see if you want in the museums and on open air in Plovdiv.
Lunch and free time in the afternoon.
Dinner and overnight.
3rd day Plovdiv- Etar (Gabrovo) -Veliko Tarnovo (about 230 km) (B/L/D)
Breakfast in the hotel and the tour continues to the city of Gabrovo and Etara. Visit of the Architectural and Ethnographic complex of Etar – open air museum where you will see the only one and unique collection of the old-times water-driven machinery in Bulgaria. All objects are in action as it was in the past. The craftman trade street offers 16 models to the Balkan architecture, showing the original talent to the Revival builders.
Lunch in Gabrovo
After lunch we continue to the city of Veliko Tarnovo – the old capital of Bulgaria. During the tour you will see the old town and visit the Tzarevetz castle. It served as the Second Bulgarian Empire’s primary fortress and stronges bulwark from 1185 to 1393, housing the royal and the patriarchal palaces.
Dinner. Possibility to see the Show “Sounds and lights”of Tzarevetz against extra payment.
4th day Veliko Tarnovo – Troyan (about 125 km) (B/L/D)
After breakfast in the hotel follows traveling to Trojan and Troyan Monastery.
The Troyan Monastery as a monastery complex is the third in size in Bulgaria, a remarkable monument of culture of national significance. It is situated in the beautiful valley of the river Cherni Osam, 10 km south from the town of Troyan. According to the historical documents, the monastery was first founded in 1600 and reconstructed in the period 1830 – 1865 in its present look. As an architectural style of the buildings it is associated with the School of Revival. The iconostasis, placed in the naos of the church, was carved in 1839 and is a model of the Tryavna Wood-carving School. The church was declared a monument of culture
Lunch and city tour of Troyan.
Dinner and overnight in Troyan.
5th day Troyan – Sofia (180 km) (B/L/D)
Breakfast in the hotel and transfer to Sofia. Lunch and free time in Sofia. Dinner. Overnight.
Free time if available in Sofia and transfer to the airport.
END OF THE PROGRAM!
|Groups||Price per person in DBL|
|4-6 pax||964 eur|
|7-11 pax||875 eur|
|12-17 pax||759 eur|
|18-29 pax||709 eur|
|30-34 pax||666 eur|
SNG supplement – 106 euro for the whole stay
3rd pax reduction – 80 euro for the whole stay
Child reduction on an extra bed – on request (different age policy of each hotel per program)
- Transfer: Sofia international airport – hotel in Sofia
- Tourist bus during the whole program (parking fees and road taxes included)
- English speaking guide assistance during the whole program
- Local guides in Etar (Gabrovo), Veliko Tarnovo
- City tour of Sofia – walking
- Visit of Troyan Monastery
- Visit of Etar (ethnographic open air museum) – entrance fee included
- City tour of Veliko Tarnovo with of Tzarevetz (entrance fee included) – walking
- City tour of Plovdiv with visit of Roman amphitheater, Balabanova house, Roman stadium (entrance fee included) – walking
- 5 overnights with breakfast, lunch and dinner (lunch and dinner in restaurants) in 3* and 4* hotels as follows
|Sofia||1||Silver house 4* or similar|
|Plovdiv||1||Rodopi 3* or similar|
|Veliko Tarnovo||1||Tarnovo 3* or similar|
|Troyan||1||Chato Montan 3* or similar|
|Sofia||1||Silver house 4* or similar|
PRICES DO NOT INCLUDE:
- Everything NOT mentioned in the “prices include”
- Tips and every type of personal costs
- Drinks except during the breakfast and wine degustation
- Lunches and dinners
- The program can be changed according to the times of arrival in the appropriate city but all the visits will be done and all the sightseeing will be seen
- The tour operator takes responsibility for the quality of the offered services but not for cases caused by greater force (traffic jams, strikes, natural disasters etc.)
- The exact name of the hotels will be reconfirmed in case of bookings